20+ Hours Per Week
Possible Permanent Hire Opportunities
Chicago-based UXM Studio, Inc. is currently seeking a bright, motivated Project Management Intern to support the development of various mobile and web based software projects. You will work with a team of talented software engineers and web professionals who are passionate about the mobile and web and where it's going. This is a great opportunity for students or recent graduates to learn the ins and outs of software development and project management.
The ideal candidate will either have degree in computer science (or related) or is working towards one. Ideally also looking for candidates with experience building mobile apps or websites or has a solid understanding of how apps and websites work.
- Help to manage software project elements from conception through launch.
- Be the point person between the customer and the development team.
- Participate in iteration planning.
- Help with requirements gathering.
- Coordinate with other site teams on projects.
- Ensure there’s a strong pipeline of work for the engineers.
- Help break down business requirements into tangible work for the engineers.
- Ensure projects are implemented according to requirements.
- Keep the team and other constituents up to date on project status and potential issues.
- Ensure projects are launched according to published schedules.
- Help to resolve project, design, or resource issues before they cause schedule delays.
- Passion for the web, social media, mobile, etc.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and follow-through.
- Must enjoy solving problems using analytical and creative skills.
- Able to plan work, organize time, and maintain workflow.
- Able to interact professionally with all levels of staff.
- Involved with delivering a technical project a plus.
- HTML, CSS, Word, Excel, Adobe creative suite, Xcode, objective-c a plus
- Programming experience a plus.
Perks = UXM Swag, terrible jokes, excessive amounts of candy, Last Friday of the month Movie, CTA passes